Monday, November 8, 2010

Giving Thanks - Day Eight

I have no doubt I am going to end up with a few of these posts, as I go about my daily/weekly routines.  Cooking is one of my favorite things to do, and I also enjoy making desserts.  In the last couple of years I have expanded my cooking skills to baking. Oh, yes, baking! It is not necessarily in the same category as regular cooking.  With cooking you can add here, add there, no big deal.  With baking, on the other hand...precision is key.  Although I am still working on that, as I just added a bit more water to my bread, as it wasn't just right.  The more you bake the more you know the feeling, and you can add. BUT when starting out....EXACTNESS (doubt that's a word) is key. 

One of my favorite things in my kitchen happens to be very simple.  Measuring salt is one of the most annoying things to me.  I know, right? Why? Well, just cuz....we all have our "thing!"   Anyway, about 6 years ago I got these wonderful dispensers.  Oh, my, do I love them!!!  When Josh accidently broke the salt one two years ago, I almost cried.  Yes, I am that serious about liking them.  He got online that afternoon and bought me a new set, which took some research, as it had been a long time.  I now have one of my other frequently used spices in that one. 



The most innovative salt and pepper dispensers on the market! Just one quick press on the top and you have easy repetitive measuring at your finger tips! This innovate spice dispenser dispenses a pinch 1/8 teaspoon or 1/4 teaspoon of granular spices. Just turn the top and press! Measuring has never been easier!




Oh, and when I make homemade bread I just love being able to slice the pieces exactly...which is why I love my knife, too! 




Yes, I am grateful for these things in my life that just make a few things SIMPLE and less frustrating, to me!! 


2 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

You know I LOVE your knife! I still haven't found one yet, though. Maybe I'm searching under all the wrong names/descriptions?

Serena Abdelaziz said...

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/per_gui_sl_kn_ontv.html

Always ask the "Queen" of search engines. LOL!!