Sunday, November 7, 2010

Giving Thanks - Day Seven

I am blessed to have so many friends, not just a friend who says, "Hello!"  A friend with a tender shoulder, where I can softly cry.  A well to pour my troubles down, and to raise my spirits high.  A friend is a hand to pull you up, from darkness and despair... When all your other "so called" friends have helped to put you there--A true friend is an ally.  When others have forgot;  a true friend always remember. But most of all a friend has a true heart.  How many friends do you have?

A Friend Is Always Special

Because Friends Love You

Just Because You're You!


I have a few friends, this has only been in recent years. I am blessed with friends that I can cry with, laugh with, and be mad with.......hey, don't judge!  Yes, I do get mad! I know--hard to believe!

 I received a package in the mail from a "newer" friend, and I was so touched. I can tell she would be someone I would love to know better; I look forward to it.  (Thank you, Friend!)

Friends just know when it's necessary to DO something, even if it's inconvenient. A friend doesn't always give "things;"  they understand what you need, when you  need it.

Friends can be offended; it doesn't mean they aren't friends.  Friends can hurt you--it's life. BUT are they the kind of friend you can say....."that really hurt, and can they accept your sensitivity?"  Sometimes the truth hurts; do you have a friend that can be honest with you, even if it hurts?   

Being blessed with friends is something I never want to take for granted!  Some of my friends have come from the oddest places.  BlogLand has allowed me a few friendships that I treasure, but the only way to make friends is to be friendly.  And sometimes that means being vulnerable.  Try it! 


Wonderful box of winter clothes for Shallah, from a friend!

She loves her new outfit!
(she still carries her doll around, Titi!)

and the hat

1 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

How wonderful!

And she is just too cute! (I just had to say that; it's always my first thought! LOL)