Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More than 10 inches


I am such a people pleaser, and so is Josh. I have passed this on to all of my children, too! As I realized that I had the perfect opportunity to show Jael how this doesn't have to be something that runs your life.......I was struck with some sadness. My baby girl wanted to cut her curls off, well, not ALL off, but enough. *cry* Papa said he would be sad, but it was Jael's decision. Nana said the same. Daddy said that he would be sad, too! We all like Jael's hair. BUT I realized when she said that she REALLY wanted to cut her hair, but she didn't want to make anyone sad, that I had my chance. I explained that it's good to seek people's advice, if you need help in making a decision. BUT if you want to do something, that is not bad......it's o.k. if others are sad about it.
So, off we went!!
While inside I was cringing and not wanting to make a big deal about something that grows back. I am so happy that she was excited to get her hair cut; she is enjoying taking care of it herself. She needed something a little more manageable. She's not a baby anymore.


5 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

Your hair is beautiful, Jael, and so are you!

amy k* said...

Awww, she looks adorable with her new cut! PRECIOUS GIRL!!

I've had the same situation with Linds in the past. But, you were supportive of her decision to cut, and she'll value that a long time from now!

JAEL, MISS AMY LIKES YOUR NEW LOOK, AND LOVES YOU TONS!!

Vickie said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Inside and Outside... Look at your Awesome smile. Keep on shining for Jesus, Jael.

Leona said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! Tell her she looks like shes TEN:)
Love you!

Gombojav Tribe said...

Jael, you look so pretty!!!!

--Meg

I love you! Your hair looks good and pretty.

--Luc