Monday, September 22, 2008

Leash Law for Cats

Whoever suggested to extend the leash law to cats, are you worried that you'd be mauled by cats? Have you even tried leashing cats? Or do you even own a cat? I can tell you cats generally don't like leashs, and I believe you are just punishing the cats for being cats! This is nuts" I'm sure people aren't worried about being mauled by a cat, but many people don't appreciate cats using their yards as toilets--I understand to a degree. I can't imagine people walking their cats on leashes. So, what other solutions are there to letting your cat enjoy the outdoors and stay contained in your yard? Honestly, can you really have an outdoor cat, if there is a leash law?


I was informed by the local authorities that I would be fined if they find my cats outside my yard. I cannot imagine getting rid of my cats. I have had them for 9 years, so my only option is to have them back inside my house. ARGH!!


Any solutions? (don't say get rid of them) I really don't like cat litter boxes. My cats used to be indoors, but they have been outside for 4 years. What to do? What to do?




6 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

I have no solutions for you. But, that is pretty dumb. What about all the other animals that wander about wildly? Deer, squirrels, birds, etc. Certainly cat doo-doo is not the only doo-doo in the yard.

Can cats use those shock collars like dogs?

Jennifer P. said...

Well first of all---look how spiffy your blog is looking! Too cute!

Cats on leashes, eh? That's about as natural as bathing them. All I can think is to fashion some rudementary tent-like enclosure for them out of chicken wire. I'm sure they'd love that....

How on earth are you suppose to keep a cat in one place? And I hear ya on the litter boxes--p.u.!!

amy k* said...

I'm not sure about a solution, but while on the subject of leashes - WHAT ABOUT THE KID LEASHES?!?!

Oh leashes - so dumb! (especially for kitties and kiddies!)

amy k* said...

By the way...it's super funny that after you posted about your cats, almost all of your ads are about cat urine!

erc said...

So....what have you decided to DO re. then cats?

I suppose you could DISOWN the cats.....kick them out! Then if the authorities come by, you could honestly say that they are NOT your cats! They would just be strays!!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the book WALK YOUR CAT. IT is sold on Amazon. I am using it to train my cat. It is amazing. They also discuss the exact problem you are facing.