Monday, September 8, 2008

How to....

A HOW TO.....


Putting on the armor can be such an indivudual thing; putting it ON is the most important thing. BUT remembering what you are protecting is a wonderful way to pray through putting on the armor. Here is an example:

Lord, you promise that we can stand strong in any battle if we put on your full armor. I put on your sturdy belt of truth. Teach me your truth, and as your belt rests securely around my waist, I will always come back to that foundation. May I always trust that you are "the way, the truth, and the life".

As I put on the breastplate of righteousness, help me to hold on to the truth that you died for me. Help me to understand the price you paid to bring me to you because that price provided righteousness, right standing with you. Strengthen and motivate me to stay strong for you. Keep my heart guarded and sensitive to You.

As I shod my feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace. I pray that the peace that comes from the Good News would give me a constant readiness to handle whatever comes. I can be fully prepared for battle because I have the peace of knowing that victory will always be his in Christ. When Satan attempts to disturb my inner peace, give me the ability to hold tightly to the peace that come through your Good News.

Thank You Lord, for the shield of faith. Help me to put on the shield of faith everyday to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked ones. May your shield of faith always protect me.

Lord, you give your people the helmet of salvation to protect us. I put on the helmet of salvation to guard my thoughts and mind even as difficulties come and doubts attempt to creep in. I will be secured in the knowledge of eternal salvation and protected from those who would attempt to destroy that hope.

Lord, thank you for the Bible, the sword of the spirit. When I read your word, allow your Holy Spirit to enlighten my mind to understand what I read and teach me how to apply to my life everyday. Give me wisdom to use your word correctly when Satan attacks with his twisted truth.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances Ephesians 6:13-15

0 comments: