Thursday, March 4, 2010

Story of Hope and Restoration-Part 31

October 18, 2007, what a day!  I had to take Jael to get an x-ray of her finger. Tio and Titi had a small accident with my baby girl. Her finger had gotten smashed in the car door.  We all went for an adjustment, and then Tio got us an appointment to x-ray her finger. Titi felt so badly, and I figure it could happen to anyone.  I was thrilled to have so much family always willing to help and watch the kids, whenever. 

I cried! I couldn't go in with her.  She was only 5, and I knew she wouldn't remember. BUT I was hurting, so badly, inside.  I sent her on her way.  Being pregnant, I had to sit in the lobby with the boys.

Dinner was amazing that night. I wanted to celebrate. We went to Chili's, because I knew that this would probably be the last time before the baby came that we could all go out! I had to leave all of the kids at the table so I could use the restroom. I was so nervous leaving them all alone. BUT contractions were making me VERY uncomfortable.  Tio's adjustment was really working.

I went to church, and paced in the back almost the whole service.  Josh kept texting to see if I was o.k.  Of course, I was mildly irritated.  Forgive me, but it was a bit difficult to be thinking about the future without my husband.  He informed me of his whereabouts. Are you serious???? You REALLY thought I needed to know WHERE you were?  You REALLY thought that I should KNOW you were at a romantic spot...a spot that for the past 7 years I have ASKED to be taken?  Are you serious?  Okay, STAY CALM!! I can do this!! I REFUSE to allow Satan any victory in the birth of our baby.

A lot of prayer went into this baby's life, and I was going to find joy in every minute of it.  After church was over my contractions were pretty close together, so Josh came to the church.  He said he felt obligated to make sure I was okay. Uh, you think?  We stayed at Josh's parents house, because I was not going to be alone with him at the moment. Mom and Dad could take me the hospital; I couldn't deal with it any other way.

I kept holding off going to the hospital, waiting for people to arrive. My mom was on her way. Daja was on her way.  People were going to be around me, and I couldn't have been more thrilled.  We stopped at Tio's house on the way to the hospital to get another adjustment.  Josh was so irritated that I was taking my time.  He didn't want anything to happen to me.  Yes, that WOULD have made life a bit complicated for him, if something happened to him.  I got to the hospital in the early morning, maybe 2 am?   Dr. Monroy wasn't exactly thrilled that I had canceled both scheduled c-sections.

I, on the other hand, couldn't have been more thrilled about having my best pregnancy ever!!!  Levi was born at 5:16 am.  He was a joy!  Josh was in the room, and to say it was awkward would be putting it lightly.  I don't even know how to describe how hard that was for me. So, I won't even attempt it.

My mom stayed with me almost the entire time.  Josh was irritated about that, since he had rented a movie and bought candy for us to watch a movie together?  What? A movie together?  Had we EVER done that after the birth of our children?  Uh, no! Actually, we were so exhausted from it that we usually slept.  He was so mad!!!  He offered my mom a cookie, and she refused. That made him mad, too! Wow, we just could NOT get it right with him?  I guess we owed him something?  I threw up almost immediately after giving birth, and that continued for almost 14 hours. I was exhausted and feeling horrible. I could not wait to go home.

I knew my emotional roller coaster was not done yet.....Josh had decided to take the week off work--to help me! What? Yeah, that's what I said!